CCTV appeal for man who assaulted boy in own bed

The mother of a boy who was sexually assaulted by an intruder who crept into his bedroom said today that her son no longer felt safe in their home.

The man got in through an unsecure door and went upstairs to carry out the “horrible” assault in The Greenway, Ickenham shortly after midnight on Saturday, November 23.

He fled when the boy, who is of primary school age, threatened to call the police. 

The victim’s mother said: “Since the incident, our son has been unable to feel secure and safe. He has been unable to sleep in his own room. It’s impacted on his schooling and his activities — he is quiet but trying to be so, so brave. 

“What he endured is something no child of his age should and the memory of what happened may fade with support but will never leave him completely.

“The thought of him closing his eyes and picturing the man wanting to harm him breaks our heart.”

A man police want to speak to in connection with the sexual assault of a child (Met Police)

A CCTV camera caught the suspect exiting Ruislip Gardens Tube station, on the Central line, at about 11.30pm before the attack. Another camera filmed him about 20 minutes later, passing shops in Ickenham Road near the junction with The Greenway. 

The victim’s family today appealed for information to help identify the attacker. The boy’s mother said: “We have tried to carry on as normal but that fear is still there in the back of all our minds and it won’t go until this man is caught. 

“For the sake of our family putting this to rest and for the safety of others, please help us in apprehending him.

“For the first time in our lives our family are frightened. We are frightened going to and from our house, we are frightened in our home, a home that we have built, loved and felt safe in for 15 years.

“No one should in this day and age face such fear when at home which should be a place of sanctuary.” 

Police were called to The Greenway after reports a young boy had been assaulted (Met Police)

Police said the victim’s younger sibling was also in the property at the time of the attack but was unharmed. 

The suspect is white, of slim build, with short hair and stubble, and was wearing a pair of blue jeans, a T-shirt and a dark coloured coat.

Detective Sergeant David Baldwin, of West Area Command Unit’s safeguarding team, said: “This is the third appeal we are making to identify this man… I’d like to thank members of the public who have called in so far, as every piece of information matters.”

Ds Baldwin said he hoped that “the brave decision taken by the boy’s parents to speak out may help progress enquiries.  We know the man was in the Greenford area prior to the offence taking place.” The boy and his family are receiving specialist support. There have been no arrests.

Anyone who recognises the man, or was in the area, is asked to call 101 quoting CAD 145/23NOV or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

Call Now Button
WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Open chat
1
Hi welcome to
Whatsapp chat how can we help?
Powered by